About Relume Foundation
Relume Foundation maintains a consistently visible presence at the forefront of serving and educating at-risk communities with vital healthcare resources and services. Under the expert guidance of Dr. Sunday Adeosun, Chairman, Professor Sherri Adeosun, President, and Dr. Cheryl Croney, Medical Director, Relume brings a caring hand to many densely populated areas of its home city in New York and its African roots in Nigeria. Our urgent focus has been on the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the health of our residents.
We have been behind the cutting edge innovation in the health and educational needs provisions, the most prominent of our projects and achievements include but are not limited to:
- Medical mission at Ilewo-Orile, Ogun State November 2014
- Medical mission at Ishaga-Orile, Ogun State August 2015
- Medical mission at Ibara-Orile, Ogun State August 2016
- Medical mission at Ijebu-Ife, Ogun State February 2017
- Medical mission at Ijoga-Orile, Ogun State August 2017
- Medical mission at Ijebu-Igbo and Ijebu-Odumefin, Ogun State February 2018
- Medical mission at Idogo, Ogun State August 2018
- Medical mission at Ikeja, in conjunction with Lagos State Government April 2019
- Medical mission at Imala, Ogun State July 2019
- Medical mission at Ikenne, Ogun State February 2020
In all of these missions combined, eighteen thousand, five hundred (18,500) people were primary beneficiaries. Secondary beneficiaries are the entire communities whose people were impacted. Issues of vision screening, blood pressure, diabetic screening, asthma and much more were dealt with. Prescriptions, medication at time of care, and eye glasses were given out. Cataract surgeries were administered in conjunction with Eye Foundation.
Educational supplies were also distributed to local schools and all students in attendance. These were achieved with the help of over two hundred (200) dedicated professionals and volunteers.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to alleviate human suffering by being the hand of God extended and a conduit that connects people that do not have to those that have.
Our mission is to bring light and hope to regions of Africa and the world at large, by meeting basic human needs of shelter, food, health and education.
The objectives through which this mission is accomplished includes:
- Focus on the significant issues affecting targeted communities after thorough assessment
- Mobilize health workers to provide services to rural communities away from locations where they usually work
- Reduce the barriers to care by providing accessible quality healthcare in a hospital setting
- Meet the health needs of targeted communities through- screening, assessments, diagnosing, treatment, prescriptions and a supply of medication at the time of care.
- Increase awareness and prevention of diseases through patient/community education.
- Dispense drugs and medical supplies to community primary health center for the follow-up of treatment after our departure.
- Meet educational needs of children through the distribution of supplies opportunity to share, inspire and motivate the children of rural communities.
- Provide feedback information, necessary data, and third-party validation for our partners and existing sponsors
Management Team and Trustees for Relume Charitable Foundation, Nigeria
Prof. Sherri Adeosun, RN, Ph.D
President / CEO
Sunday Adeosun, PhD