1121 Beach Channel Drive, Far Rockaway NY 11691
July 8th, 2016
At Relume Foundation Inc. the aforementioned quotation has been our driving force. With a strong and intense desire to meet the needs of the less privileged across the globe and especially in African rural areas, we became a conduit that connects the people that have with those that do not have. We are of the opinion and school of thought that believe in the availability of more than enough resources in the world to meet the needs of all, and especially, of the needy.
With these believe propelling us, we embraced the word TEAM, and adopted someone’s definition of it, which states that, ‘together we achieve more’.
This vision, we know is greater than any individual, a reason we welcome all who would be interested in partnering and working with us. We have so much to achieve and a long road to travel in meeting and connecting ourselves with those we have been assigned to help, with us doing our parts, we exploring fields and you donating to ensure we are not stranded, efforts becomes a pleasure rather than a burden and together we would have fulfilled that great mandate of being brothers’ and sisters’ keepers.
One piece of work of which we are quite proud of is our recent medical mission at Ishaga, a suburb in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. With us were some skilled and competent personnel, which include:
• Medical doctors • Dentists • A team of Ophthalmologist • Nurses • Pharmacist • Counselors Teachers • Ushers • Pastors • Evangelists
With this capable team, we were able to attend to all the five hundred and fifty-five (555) people, excluding children, who came for the exercise, in August 2015.
1. Several hundreds were screened for vision.
2. We made payment for thirty people to be operated for cataract surgery. Fifteen of which were picked from Ilewo, the community where we boldly embarked on our maiden mission which was in the year 2014. And the remaining fifteen people were picked from Ishaga, after a thorough screening exercise. These surgeries were done in conjunction with the Eye Foundation.
3. Others were diagnosed and treated for one ailment or the other. All received supplies of prescriptions made available by some of our partners.
4. School supplies were given to students.
The last two editions had been a humbling experience for us, the successes achieved overwhelmed us, the reason we know many more hearts and our sides will still touch lives, with God and you. In July 2014, we reached over 800 adults, attended to their medical need and 500 children received school supplies and eyeglasses. When the Lord laid the vision in our hearts two years ago, taking the first step toward achieving it was for us, a step of faith. Today, we are reaching out to you to join us in expanding our horizon and create greater opportunities for the needy to have their needs met academically, medically and spiritually, one village at a time.
Again this year, from August 13th to 22nd we will be at Ibara and Lagos in Nigeria for another mission.
Furthermore, one of our major concerns in the villages we have been working with is the lack of basic medical equipment in their medical and maternity centers.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and help.
Sherri Adeosun, RN, MSN
President, Relume Foundation Inc.