Relume Foundation maintains a strong presence at the forefront of serving and educating New York communities with vital healthcare information. Under the guidance of Professor Sherri Adeosun, President and Dr. Cheryl Croney, Medical Director, Relume has shed light and given hope to several densely populated areas of New York, particularly during the pandemic.
With a focus on COVID-19 safe practices and to address present and future 21st Century challenges, we assure the community of free testing access and early treatment options. Relume Foundation personally engages with residents to determine pressing concerns and distributes factual, language-friendly information addressing myths about COVID-19 and any perceived risks. We endeavor to reach all community residents with current vaccine availability and convenient COVID-19 services including the proper use of home-testing kits.
Masks and Testing
With the rise of COVID infections, we continue to stress the importance of layered protection including proper use of masks/protective covering, social distancing, handwashing, vaccination, and COVID-19 testing. We have expanded our reach to several more communities educating residents on the need to remain vigilant in protecting themselves.
Our objective is to increase vaccine equity in communities across New York currently experiencing low vaccination rates and engage them in open conversation about the COVID vaccine. As a recipient of a Vaccine Equity Partner Engagement (VEPE) grant from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, with more personal contact and by utilizing social media, we can significantly increase our visibility and impact specific communities needing our support.
Youth and Education
We are excited to resume our One-on-One Tutoring Program. With the dedication of our Academic Team, high school students are directly matched with professional tutors on the zoom platform and mentored in their academic subject of interest. Sessions continued successfully through the pandemic with 18 students.
To further encourage our youth through the pandemic, Relume began free SAT prep for high school students preparing for college. The Tutors-Students Connection matches high school students and certified teachers across the United States. Through this outreach, we were able to support 47 students, grades K-12 and their families.
An online tutoring service was initiated through the Relume website offering students a wide range of educational resources. Relume is able to execute these programs with the assistance of our capable, experienced volunteers and professionals who graciously give their time and skills. Together, we anticipate another year of growth and excellence.
OUR PROFILE (US)
We have and are still offering quality training services with certified tutors at no cost. Students preparedness and success in their respective exams have been greatly propelled and guaranteed by us, from free study materials, to mock/online simulation tests.
Our proficiency with this training is clearly evident in the outcome of our students success and the recognition/awards that have been given us.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- SAT Prep classes in Springfield Gardens HS Campus (2018-2019)
- SAT Prep classes at ACT Studios, Hillside Avenue (2018 to present)
- SAT Prep classes in Far Rockaway – 2018 and 2019
OUR PROFILE (Nigeria)
We have been behind the cutting edge innovation in the health and educational needs provisions, the most prominent of our projects and achievements include but are not limited to:
- Medical mission at Ilewo-Orile, Ogun State November 2014
- Medical mission at Ishaga-Orile, Ogun State August 2015
- Medical mission at Ibara-Orile, Ogun State August 2016
- Medical mission at Ijebu-Ife, Ogun State February 2017
- Medical mission at Ijoga-Orile, Ogun State August 2017
- Medical mission at Ijebu-Igbo and Ijebu-Odumefin, Ogun State February 2018
- Medical mission at Idogo, Ogun State August 2018
- Medical mission at Ikeja, in conjunction with Lagos State Government April 2019
- Medical mission at Imala, Ogun State July 2019
- Medical mission at Ikenne, Ogun State February 2020
In all of these missions combined, eighteen thousand, five hundred (18,500) people were primary beneficiaries. Secondary beneficiaries are the entire communities whose people were impacted. Issues of vision screening, blood pressure, diabetic screening, asthma and much more were dealt with. Prescriptions, medication at time of care, and eye glasses were given out. Cataract surgeries were administered in conjunction with Eye Foundation.
Educational supplies were also distributed to local schools and all students in attendance. These were achieved with the help of over two hundred (200) dedicated professionals and volunteers.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to alleviate human suffering by being the hand of God extended and a conduit that connects people that do not have to those that have.
Our mission is to bring light and hope to regions of Africa and the world at large, by meeting basic human needs of shelter, food, health and education.
The objectives through which this mission is accomplished includes:
- Focus on the significant issues affecting targeted communities after thorough assessment
- Mobilize health workers to provide services to rural communities away from locations where they usually work
- Reduce the barriers to care by providing accessible quality healthcare in a hospital setting
- Meet the health needs of targeted communities through- screening, assessments, diagnosing, treatment, prescriptions and a supply of medication at the time of care.
- Increase awareness and prevention of diseases through patient/community education.
- Dispense drugs and medical supplies to community primary health center for the follow-up of treatment after our departure.
- Meet educational needs of children through the distribution of supplies opportunity to share, inspire and motivate the children of rural communities.
- Provide feedback information, necessary data, and third-party validation for our partners and existing sponsors
Our foundation is focused on helping the less privileged people of our society. We help with health awareness in communities in America and Africa. We collaborate with other non-profit organizations in America and Africa to coordinate medical missions at inner villages in Africa. We provide school supplies to school children in inner cities and villages.